Thursday, May 3, 2012

10 Guilty Pleasures I Can't Live Without!

If one were to have a guilty pleasure, it would be none other than me-- for I have many! In today's society a guilty pleasure would be something that you enjoy but are guilty of enjoying. Simply put -- You love it, but you feel bad doing it. That seems odd right? Shouldn't we feel good about the things we enjoy? None the less-- here are my top 10 (in no specific order). What are your guilty pleasures, list them in a comment below!

1. Starbucks.  
Starbucks is undoubtedly my biggest weakness. There is somethings that changes me when I walk into a Starbucks and order a coffee. My mood for the rest of the day is brilliantly joyful. Some of my favorites are: Java Chip Frappuccino, Tazo Chia Tea Lattes, Tazo Shaken Iced Passion Tea, and of course my favorite Birthday Cake Cake Pops.

2. Social Media Crazy.
We can all agree that our culture is becoming social media crazy. I often wonder how much damage it does opposed to the opportunities it provides us. There is no doubt that Facebook connects us with people we would not other wise keep in touch with, such as old high school or college friends but I do have to ask myself, how much of them do I actually keep in contact with? I notice that some people keep ridiculous amounts of "friends" linked to their profiles when in reality they probably socialize with about 20-30 of those people on a regular basis, if that. I fall guilty to Social Media sites such as Facebook, that let me interact with friends via the internet but I do also cherish the bond one grows with a friend face to face.

3. Late Night Snacking. 
 Who can resist a night time temptation from the fridge. You know it calls your name, and you want to resist getting up to grab the snack but your inner self gets the best of you and you get up anyway. I fall victim to this more than I want to. I hear eating late in the night is bad for you.... (haha) if that's the case, I have done a lot of bad things in my life. ;)

4. Chocolate Ice Cream. 
This has to be a big guilty pleasure of mine!! There is no doubt I fit chocolate ice cream in my life at least two times a week. Who doesn't love ice cream? Around the outskirts of Chicago, there are a lot of great ice cream shops to visit. Of them I include Primo's Ice Cream (off 95th Street & Central Avenue) and Andy's Frozen Custard (off 95th Street & Cicero Avenue).

5. Prison Break TV Series. 
Another of my guilty pleasures: Wentworth Miller. I love the entire Prison Break Series, Seasons 1-4. I find this a guilty pleasure that I like watching Michael Scofield and the rest breaking out of jail and I actually find myself at the edge of my seat every episode cheering them on when they broke out and yelling at the TV screen in anticipation of the next bad guys death. Opps! :)

6. Tattoos. 
I find this extrodanary that I have a guilty pleasure for tattoos when I myself don't have any. In fact, I am actually terrified of needles to make matters worse. I enjoy looking at them, and picking out ones I like. One day I hope to eventually dive head first into my fears and actually get one.


7. Sleeping. 
Yes I know what your thinking! How could sleeping be a guilty pleasure, extra sleep is good and makes me feel good too? Yes, for the record-- I love sleeping in so much that sometimes I sleep in more than I want to. For me, I think its hereditary. My mother was always a heavy sleeper and would sometimes sleep the day away. For me its a guilty pleasure because while I enjoy sleeping, I miss the beautiful part of the morning that I most enjoy.

8.  Victoria Secret. 
 I think this one is self explanatory. I refuse to shop anywhere else, despite the expensive taste.

9. 70s, 80s, 90s Music. 
I refuse to accept that we are in the era of electropop, hip hop/ R&B. What happen to the rock music. That stuff was, well... rockin'! Aerosmith, Newkids on the Block, ACDC -- we need more of this in our life for those of us who grew up on it. It's hard flipping through radio stations on a daily basis trying to find a good song like they had back then. Those were the days.

10. Singing Crazily in the Car.
Admit it! You do it too!! :) One time I was driving home an saw what looked like an 80+ year old woman rocking out, bobbing her head to old country western music with her windows down. That day, it made me smile to see such a sight.

Hope you enjoyed my Top 10 guilty pleasures!
Keep checking back for more posts.

<3 MMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment