Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Days off are for restoration.

Today I had the opportunity to have a day off and just relax and be by myself. I wont have very many more of them left, since I start going back to school for my third semester of college on August 24, 2010. I will be working part-time but almost nearly full time hours and going to school full time--my days off will be dedicated to study and classroom time. Usually I spend my tuesdays and thursday-- or days off-- running early in the morning, visiting anthony at work for lunch, spending time with the Giacobbe Family, running errands, or shopping and starting this thursday I will be doing bible studies with Kay Peycke. Since I work five days a week for almost nearly full shifts of nine hours, including my lunch hour, it gets tiring sometimes and sometimes it even gets stressful. With all of the things going on in my life, I can become quite the busy bee. Today I took the opportunity to catch up on my rest sleeping in till around 9 o'clock and also taking an after noon nap, which was quite refreshing I might add. I jammed out to some Toby Mac- Get Back Up,  took a drive to my favorite Pop's Restaurant and ordered a Chopped Salad, unfortunately for all of you who love their chopped salad, it is only sold at the Pop's Homewood location, so it is a bit of a drive for the Lockport area-- I will add though that it was delish! It was a me time day. I also spent some time in Gods word today.

It is nice to have days off, committed solely for rest-- restoration. 

We come to church on Sunday's but sometimes as the week goes on, and our schedules however busy or crazy they get, things can get in the way of remembering him. That is why I like days off. They give me time that I can stop from the going's on and the rush and focus on prayers, jam out to awesome worship songs--which i play through itunes on my computer-- and dedicate the day for restoring my soul. Today my prayer is simply that God, no matter how busy I get will continue to amaze me, continue to give me the days of rest that I need, and that no matter how busy I get that he will remind me of the reason why I love and need to make time for him. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I'm glad you enjoyed your day off resting and worshiping. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you! Your road hasn't been easy and you continue to work hard to reach your goals. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete