Thursday, August 26, 2010

You are beautiful.


The other day I was on my was to church and was listening to probably my most favorite radio station other than WBGL , K-Love, and I was listening to their morning show. I heard them talk about a movement among women across the Chicago area. What is this movement you ask? Operation Beautiful--a movement to boost women and girls of all age's self esteem- post-it notes saying "you are beautiful" are put on the mirrors of girls bathroom mirrors where ever these woman would go, every where around the Chicago land area. These people would carry post-it notes with them and a pen and post not on mirrors but on clothing racks, make-up stands, and where camera displays are saying "your picture perfect".  Growing up as a girl I understand that my biggest enemy is myself. We constantly judge ourselves telling ourselves that we are overweight, not pretty enough, that we are not worth others time, that we will never be as good as the better looking girl across the room and on our face we smile, but inside all I really want to do is feel better about myself. 


I decided to start this movement in my own environment, at my school, at my workplace, where ever I go. By posting these post-it notes I could make the difference in the girl's life that walks into the bathroom after me. I could be the one that brightens her day when she is looking at herself in the mirror. I encourage others to do this. I posted my first note last tuesday in the girls bathroom at my college campus. Today while eating in the cafeteria,  the girls sitting at the table next to me were talking about how nice it was that someone put that note on the mirror. We can make a difference, by being a light to others, and I hope God will use this to change hearts in others and draw them closer to him. 

1 comment: