Monday, August 2, 2010

Unanswered prayers don't really go unanswered.

Today I learned a valuable lesson. To wait. To be Patient. Not that I didn't already know that I should wait and be patient on the lord but today it just really sunk in. For the past couple of months, I've tried so hard to achieve a certain goal, a goal I have really been pushing for. In the past I had people tell me simply that it's just not my time yet. Some comments I took to heart and others I pushed aside because I didn't want it to be true. However, today I got to talk to someone, whose I respect and value, who really put that into perspective for me in a nice, and graceful way that finally made sense to me. Long story short-- it wasn't that I'm not ready to achieve this certain goal because I want to go whole-heartedly after it, however I need more time before I get to it. After talking to this person, I walked outside and sat in my car, turned on K-LOVE and "Bring the rain" by Mercy Me (If you haven't heard it yet a link will be provided below to listen to the song) was playing and this reality was laid on my heart, that god is telling me that now is not the right time. This goal happened to be something I've been praying for daily for a really long time, that I would get this opportunity. My unanswered prayer.

If every prayer that anyone and/or everyone prayed was always 
answered, then this world would be in ruins and end in disaster. 

Unanswered prayers are good for the soul. Although, they bring us pain for the moment, they are what is best for us. God knows what is best for us. God knows what is best for me and this time I am going to listen. I cant make this decision on my own. In a way, god did answer my prayer--just not in the way I wanted him to. I asked for him to give me the opportunity and instead he told me to wait. I know my god is faithful and true. I will ride out this thunderstorm. I will walk through the rain, and I will be faithful and wait. Lord, just like the song "bring me rain" says-- Bring Me Joy. Bring Me Peace. Bring the chance to be free. Bring me anything that brings you glory, and I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if thats what it takes to praise you. Then Jesus bring the rain. Amen.

1 comment: