Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Tribute

Mom fixing my hair in my senior portraits.
The camera man thought it was the perfect 
photo 'op and included it for free in our package. 

Thinking back--
Growing up, my mom worked several jobs to support us. I remember her working as a traveling nurse during the day and a bartender by night. Back then, I hardly had time to spend with her, but I cherish those memories fondly. I know it wasn't easy. She was a single mom back then, my brother would take care of me while she worked, and my sister lived with her dad. I value the commitment she had in working so that we three kids could have a better life. My mom has always been special in my heart. Of course, not because she is my mother but for many other reasons. 

Now, I stand at twenty-one, adulthood in my face. I live with my wonderful fiance, and finally realize all that my mother sacrificed back then. I honestly don't know how she did it, working two jobs and making ends meet for us. It takes courage to be alone and support yourself and your three kids by yourself. My mother was a honorable woman. 

Today, I have one of the best relationships with her. I feel honored to have such a great relationship that is held together with trust, patience, kindness, and most importantly--love. Without her, I don't know where I would be in life. She keeps my head pointed in the right direction. I look forward to many more years of memories and lessons shared amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment